Saturday, August 20, 2011

human♥nature

It started last quarter of 2010, I became very curious with organic products. I really wanted to use something healthier, something without the added stuff in commercialized products. I was reading through online forums and started to get more information about what's available in the market. After doing so, I became very interested in one particular brand, humannature. I think what got me was except for very good product reviews and affordability, part of the proceeds go to Gawad Kalinga. I always believe in being able to give to others in need while satisfying your urge to buy stuff, it becomes more fulfilling that way. It’s always good to know that you’re not just spending and spending but also doing something good for others. Plus, its affordability doesn’t make you live beyond your means. : )

I was lucky enough to have a reseller near my place which is the branch in Santana Grove, Sucat, Paranaque. I wanted to test the products personally before buying that’s why I went to a physical store instead of just buying online. I’m the type who smells and skin tests before buying.
Anyway, I bought:
  • Island Kiss Tinted Lip Balm (PhP 69.75)
  • Sand Dollar Love Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation (PhP 425.00)
  • Pearl Powder and Aloe Vera in Peppermint scent Strengthening Shampoo and Body Wash (500ml - PhP 274.75)
  • Gugo Bark and Calamansi in Peppermint scent Strengthening Conditioner (500ml - PhP 289.75)
  • Sunflower Seed Beauty Oil (50ml - PhP 119.75)
  • Super Fruits and Black Rice Facial Scrub (100ml - PhP 169.75)
  • Royal Jelly and Aloe Vera Night Face Moisturizer (100ml - PhP 174.75)
  • Peppermint, Choco Vanilla, and Watermelon Original Formula Lip Balm (PhP 49.75 each)
  • Moringa and Aloe Vera Hydrating Toner (200ml - PhP 169.75)
  • Goat's Milk and Cocoa in Mango scent Body Butter (200g - PhP 274.75)
  • Goat's Milk and Cocoa Hand and Body Lotion (200ml - PhP 179.75)
  • Bee Propolis and Carrot in Eucalyptus Hand and Foot Salve (50g - PhP 119.75)
  • Cocoa Butter, Lemongrass and Brown Rice Body Scrub (200g - PhP 324.75)
  • Aloe Vera in Watermelon scent Kid's Shampoo and Body wash (500ml - PhP 274.75)
I dunno if I missed anything else but so far these are what I remember. I think I also got too excited with their products and suddenly decided to buy everyone humannature gift packages for Christmas. : )

Here's what I think about their products:

Island Kiss Tinted Lip Balm

   It was something like Burt's Bees lip shimmer, moisturizing with a hint of minty feel. It stays on for about 2 hours and it looks matte when applied. After using it for a while though, I went back to using Burt's Bees, despite the price difference, I don't think I can find a better everyday lip product than Burt's Bees.










Sand Dollar Love Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation


   I usually use Ellana Mineral products for my day to day make-up. I kinda bought this because I tend to use just pressed powder on my lazy days. It served its purpose for lazy days since it keeps your face from oiliness and it has minimal coverage which looks very natural but I wouldn't really use this for everyday make-up. 














Pearl Powder and Aloe Vera in Peppermint scent Strengthening Shampoo and Body Wash


   I really love the smell of peppermint! ♥ The shampoo kinda makes the hair dry and that's fine because that's what conditioner's are for. What's good about it is it really minimized my hair fall. This is the only shampoo that doesn't cause hair fall for me. : )
















Gugo Bark and Calamansi in Peppermint scent Strengthening Conditioner


    Again, I love the smell of peppermint! ♥ The conditioner is a bit runny, not as thick as the normal ones you get in the grocery, I think this is because of lesser use of chemicals. A little goes a long way with this product, you don't really need to use a lot to achieve the softness you desire. 














Sunflower Seed Beauty Oil


   I super like this one. It moisturizes the face as well as the hair. I use this everyday to manage the frizz in my curls. I don't use it as much on the face, they say it helps in skin ageing but I can't really comment on that since I use a different face product. BTW, just one drop is enough for a day's work. If you use too much, good luck!














Super Fruits and Black Rice Facial Scrub


    I used this everyday and it didn't make my skin dry unlike other scrubs. I like the feel of bits and pieces in my skin while scrubbing, like it reaches through the pit of your pores and you'd just feel so clean after.
















Royal Jelly and Aloe Vera Night Face Moisturizer


    This one, I didn't use that much. I actually still have it until now. I hate sticky everything and this one is just that. Its too sticky for me. There are products that's just sticky in the beginning and eventually gets silky but this one is just plain sticky.  
















Peppermint, Choco Vanilla, and Watermelon Original Formula Lip Balm


   I'm addicted to the peppermint one, same way I'm addicted to Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm. I love it! ♥ I haven't tried the watermelon and choco vanilla flavors since I gave it to my sisters, I'll ask for feedback. : )
















Moringa and Aloe Vera Hydrating Toner


   I'm not good with toners. I know I'm supposed to use it everyday for better results but I tend to just use it whenever I want to. I cannot give a good review for this product but on the minimal times I've used this, I felt so refreshed and clean. LOL :D
















Goat's Milk and Cocoa in Mango scent Body Butter


   Same as the night face moisturizer, this one is also too sticky for me. I don't think it is advisable on our oh-so-sunny weather. When its too hot, it just feels gross on your skin. You can only use it when you're in an air conditioned room the whole day so you won't feel as sticky.














Cocoa Butter, Lemongrass and Brown Rice Body Scrub***


   I majorly adore this product!!! I can use this everyday. I love the smell, i love how it moisturizes my skin, I love how it sheds off dead cells, and I love the cleanliness I feel when I use this. This one never fails me to ask for more. : )
















Aloe Vera in Watermelon scent Kid's Shampoo and Body wash


   I bought this one for Mischa (that's my daughter's name). My mom eventually made her stop using it since same as the strengthening shampoo, it also dries the hair and kids don't use conditioner so it kinda made Mischa's hair feel like crap.
















So there, I've said my piece. I actually promote the products I really like quite well that most of my friends and family eventually started using humannature products too. I like bringing up the new things I try during casual conversations and do not realize that I've already convinced people that it is worth buying and using.


Creating this post made me realize I need to visit the branch soon to get a new Cocoa Butter, Lemon Grass and Brown Rice Body Scrub already! You should try some of their stuff too. : ) 


Paranaque Branch
Unit SFR09 Santana Grove, 7202 Soreena Drive cor.
Dr. A. Santos Ave., Paranaque
Tel. (02) 828-4572
humanheartnature.paranaque@gmail.com


More power to humannature,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment