Thursday, August 25, 2011

photomicrography

I was browsing online when I chanced upon this particular thing that was new to me but somehow it managed to get me dazed when I look at it. I feel like my artsy fartsy side of the brain is kicking in. I am loving the combinations of colors and how very abstract it looks. I know this can be absolutely hard in terms of photography, I don't think I would ever come up with such beautiful photos. But if we talk about painting per se, this would be an awesome inspiration and I think I should start doing art pieces again soon if I get some free time.

It is called PHOTOMICROGRAPHY: photography with a microscope. 

Their particular subject were cocktails since they found it hardest to cover. According to them, "we must crystallize or orient the sample so that polarized light will be refracted as it passes through--giving us the beautiful patterns that we typically see with this type of microscopy." 
There are some pieces that I really loved, so I decided to post the TOP 10 PHOTOS I picked out just in case you would want to know what I am raving about.

VODKA TONIC
The Vodka and Tonic combines 1 or 2 ounces of vodka over ice in a highball glass filled with tonic water.

SEX ON THE BEACH
The Sex on the Beach shooter has 1 ounce of vodka, 1 ounce of peach schnapps, 1 ounce of cranberry juice, and 1 ounce of grapefruit juice. The ingredients are mixed and shaken with ice, then strained into shooters.

WHISKEY
Whiskey is a spirit drink distilled from grain containing a portion of barley malt. This is a Jack Daniels single grain sour mash whiskey.

RUM
Native to the Caribbean, rum is a liquor of choice in over 500 different cocktails.

KAMIKAZE
Another deadly concoction: combine 1 ounce of vodka, 1 ounce of Triple Sec, and 1 ounce of lime juice. Combine the ingredients, shake with ice, and strain into a lowball glass.

TEQUILA
 The spirit started its way to fame as a cult drink in California during the late 1960s and today is widely used both in cocktails and straight up. (This is my alcoholic weakness BTW)

SPANISH MOSS
This shooter is made with 1 1/2 ounces of Tequila, 1 ounce of Kahlua, and several drops of creme de menthe. Mix the ingredients with ice, strain, and serve in a shooter glass.

STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI
A frozen cocktail made with one-half ounce of strawberry schnapps, an ounce of light rum, lime juice, and strawberries, and a tablespoon of powdered sugar. 

TEQUILA SUNRISE
1 1/2 ounces of tequila, 3/4 ounce of Grenadine, and 4 ounces of orange juice. The Tequila Sunrise is usually served on the rocks in an old-fashioned glass.

MINT JULEP
Mint sprigs with 1 teaspoon of sugar, crushed ice, and 2 to 3 ounces of bourbon. Serve in a chilled glass of your choice.

There you go. I hope this fascinates and inspires you as much as it did to me. Photos and abstract art will always be on the list of my best loves (Okay, fine. Maybe a little bit of drinking too). This is a very good combination of both so KUDOS to the makers, (source: http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/cocktails/index.html)!!!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment