Monday, August 29, 2011

postal ID

So, I'm planning to get a Philippine Postal ID tomorrow since I feel like I lack the much needed valid IDs, but then.... I started searching the web for the requirements and turns out I don't have most of it. Fail!

Here's what I need: (hoping you'd be ready when you plan to get yours)


  • Application Form (it is downloadable: HERE)
  • At least 4pcs of 2x2 pictures with white background
  • Barangay clearance or NBI clearance (just bring the form to the barangay and have them authenticate it, i believe they would fill out the lower half)
  • Certificate of Employment (if employed)
  • Cedula
  • Notarize the form before going to the nearest City Hall
I think the ID ranges from PhP300-500 depending on your area. According to the form, it costs PhP175 but you gotta get used to government institutions, prices suddenly get doubled or sometimes even tripled. That's also not the last of your expenses, you should consider transportation going there and back home, having your 2x2 picture taken, barangay clearance fee, cedula fee, and the notarization fee. Oh well, just think that you'd be able to use it for 5 years and it is a certified VALID ID so it should be worth it.

Pilipinas, magbago ka na,

No comments:

Post a Comment