Thursday, September 29, 2011

Star City

Last Monday, my boss decided that she wanted to go to Enchanted Kingdom. But then, due to the very stormy season, it was closed. So she decided to opt for Star City instead. OMG, it's been years since I last went there, I can't even count. So, due to my curiousness, I came with the team to experience what the place has to offer after a decade or more.

We got there around 330PM but it doesn't open until 4PM so we grabbed some snacks before finally pushing through with one of our crazy adventures. I didn't think it would be open due to the weather condition that day but I was wrong on that assumption since most of the attractions were actually inside a huge warehouse-like place with a roof that would keep everyone from getting wet.

I think some customers that day took the motto seriously and dressed very star-like regardless of the ridiculous weather. It was very entertaining to check them out while waiting in line to get in.
Yun oh! Star na Star ka teh. : ))

BTW, we got a Ride-All-You-Can ticket for PhP350 plus Laser Blaster for PhP120. Not bad for affordability, nonetheless, nearing EK's price range but not yet up to par with the Kingdom. If you're not a fan of rides though and just wanna see what it is like inside the City, General Admission is PhP60.

I had a terrible cough during that day and first thing I noticed was the dustiness of the place since I was coughing the whole time. Goodness! Shout out to Star City, place tidy up the place, and I mean the dust, not just the trash lying around. PLEASE.

Here was what I was able to test so far:

VIKING
At first we were even ranting that it was so slow and it didn't go high enough for adrenaline, but after a while, it was high all the way that some of my mates decided to tap out and was shouting "hindi na kayo nakakatuwa ah." I was LOL-ing, shouting and coughing like hell the whole time.

BLIZZARD
I think that is what it's called but all I can say is I was controlling my body to not go with the motion of the ride to avoid bruises and bumps.

BUMP CARS
What's new? I'm sure you know how this one goes.

GABI NG LAGIM
This was tiring for me, I don't think it is scary for a normal person but for someone like me whose heart jumps at the smallest of things, it is horrible to experience. I think my mates had pinch and nail marks all over. : ))

TIME TRAVEL
I'm not sure what this is called either. But it is simply like a mini museum that shows you how everything went from caveman to spaceman.

LASER BLASTER
This is a lot of fun, I wish it was longer. I didn't know how to use the laser gun, nevertheless, I was glad to do it with people I always have fun with. We just kept laughing and going after each other. : ))

Sorry for the lack of pictures, most of the rides, they don't allow you to take photos. These are the only few ones I experienced inspite of the ride all you can ticket since I wasn't feeling well already plus the rain was pouring nastily outside. I had to catch a shuttle in Taft to avoid the traffic of SLEX so I had to brave the angry droplets of water without an umbrella. I am foreseeing a fever coming and I still had to work the following day. (If you saw my last post, that confirmed my vision of getting sick, good job for testing the capacity of my body)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you'll find something you'll like in this place. It's not so great but fun nonetheless. I don't think I would frequent the place as much as I go to EK though. That's a personal opinion, I still think that if you're with good company, no matter where your feet leads you, it would still be an awesome time. : )

Star City Park Schedule:
Monday to Thursday : 4PM to 11PM
Friday to Sunday: 2PM to 12MN

To good times with the KAPPAs,

No comments:

Post a Comment